Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Recap 6/21 - 6/23

     First, let me start by saying that this weekend has been one of the best ones of my life. It was relaxing, inspiring, invigorating, and magical.  
      On Friday aka Summer Solstice aka the longest day of the year... After work, I hung out with my friend Sammi. We ended up getting Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and shopping at Urban Outfitters and Buffalo Exchange. I got some really cool pieces that were on sale, so I'm excited to wear them! I was able to score three ear cuffs, two headbands, two shirts, and a floral skirt! The purchases really started the weekend on a high note. 
     After going shopping, we went back to Sammi's house to watch a bit of Netflix. I introduced her to one of my favorite shows, 6Teen, a cartoon about six teens who live it up in their town's mall. Between watching the gang and eating cheese pizza, I also played around with the new Instagram Video. You can check them out on my IG! @_blanchedubois
     Later that night, my friend and I went to the park. It was quite lovely. 
     On Saturday... I did even more shopping and went terribly past my budget. There was no frugal saving, either. I bought a dress for work, another skirt and shirt, two basic camis in black and white, and some much needed sandal wedges. 
     Later, my best friend Kennedy and I went to the Lyftd LYFE fashion show. It was pretty amazing. As my first show (of many more to come), it felt surreal. During the whole ordeal, I imagined myself as some big time fashion mogul. I enjoy pretending, haha. It didn't help that I was on the second row for the majority of the show, and then eventually moved to the first. The fashion was inspiring, the models looked great, and the entertainment was pretty cool, too(: 
    On Sunday... Well, Kennedy and I were still really pumped from the fashion show, so we had a little photo shoot of our own. Check out the pictures. As you may notice, we have a tendency to smile during shoots. (By the way, I'm wearing a cuff, a shirt, and the heels from this weekends' shopping spree.) 

     Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Bloglovin, and Lookbook

1 comment: