Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Reawakening

     Hey everyone,
     First off, I must say Wilkommen and Guten Tag! I know it's been a long time since I've posted, but with end-of-course tests, graduations, and getting settled into new jobs out of the way, I'm finally turning a new leaf. That's right. Senior year of high school is over and with it comes the next phase and the beginning of the rest of my life: college.
     These past few months have been a whirlwind of emotions: anxiety, frustration, fear, and discomfort yet love, warmth, hope, excitement, and anticipation. There are only a handful of weeks left for me to be in my hometown of Atlanta, and then I'll whisk away for what might be forever. I want nothing but to tread lightly, slow time, and savor every second of this summer. It's been so great. I have an outstanding, dream internship, and I've been able to hang out and spend time with friends and family almost every day. The most beautiful part about it is that every day, I've been touched and inspired.
     Like a newborn who has opened her eyes for the first time, I feel like I'm finally seeing the world. I've been blissful in meeting and networking with new people who could advance my career as a journalist, uncovering meaningful and inspirational material online, and discovering how great it feels to shed off baggage and feel like a new person.
     I never want to forget this feeling.
     Although I don't want to speed through this summer, I am ready to face it head on. My creative juices are flowing. Get ready for great reads.

1 comment: