Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Recap 6/14 - 6/16

     This weekend was the bees' knees! The whole time, I was running around from event to event. Just like I told my father last night, I can't remember more than two hours this weekend in which I sat down to take a breather (exluding sleep, of course.)
      On Friday... After work, my mom invited me to see Man of Steel. Woot woot! I love going to the movies-- especially to see a film on opening night. This version of Superman's story was well played. The cast was sensational, the graphics were remarkable, and the plot was original! Major props goes out to casting directors Kristy Carlson and Lora Kennedy who assigned every character perfectly and to the creative team for kick-ass visuals. I must say that at times, it did get a little too long and dragged out for me, and I usually love two-and-a-half-hour movies. I fought to look past the slow scenes, though, because the longer the film played, the longer I got to see Henry Cavill's beautiful, chiseled face and adorable mannerisms.

     On Saturday... I participated in the Olympics! Well, not the actual Olympics, but the Posse Olympics at Centennial Park. At this event, students from a number of colleges met and had a little friendly competition in kickball and other field games. I wasn't expecting to have so much fun and see so many friendly, familiar faces. I had a blast. I am so excited for college.
     That night, I went to Candler Park's free Midsummer Music Fest to see Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero's. Before Saturday, the only song by them I could name was "Home," but it was one of my favorites. Now, I have a few others including "Janglin" and "Mayla."
     It was beautiful how everything just fell into place. I rode the train alone to somewhere I've never traveled before, followed a large group of people who looked like they were going to the festival, and by chance, ran into the people I was supposed to meet up with. It was hard to get in contact with them at first because the concert had already started, the music was loud. and they had spotty service. But with some weird twist of direction, I was led right to where I needed to be. Twice.
     After the concert, we watched a lady twirl fire outside of her house. And when I finally got home, a friend gave me a ton of free clothes!
     The day as a whole was really spectacular. I saw a lot of people that I hadn't in a long time. ♥
     On Sunday... I went to see Man of Steel... again. This time, I went with my sweetie. The movie was still great the second time.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment